Pretoria Climate & Temperature
- Pretoria, South Africa is at 25°44'S, 28°11'E, 1308 m (4291 ft). See map.
- Pretoria has a mid-latitude steppe/ semi-arid cool climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSk).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Pretoria is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual average temperature is 17.3 degrees Celsius (63.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 10.5 °C (18.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 732 mm (28.8 inches) which is equivalent to 732 Litres/m² (17.95 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3254 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Pretoria you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Kahului, Maui, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Pretoria Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Pretoria Climate Graph in Metric Units
Pretoria Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Pretoria, South Africa Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kezi, Zimbabwe - 537.3 kms (333.9 miles) N
- Gwanda, Zimbabwe - 539.7 kms (335.4 miles) N
- West Nicholson, Zimbabwe - 535.5 kms (332.8 miles) NNE
- Thuli Estate, Zimbabwe - 491.5 kms (305.4 miles) N
- Liebigs Silungubghe, Zimbabwe - 510.2 kms (317 miles) NNE
- Tuli, Zimbabwe - 439.6 kms (273.2 miles) NNE
- Beitbridge, Zimbabwe - 433.3 kms (269.2 miles) NNE
- Pietersburg, South Africa - 244.3 kms (151.8 miles) NNE
- Maputo, Mozambique - 439.1 kms (272.9 miles) E
- Johannesburg, South Africa - 45.6 kms (28.3 miles) S
- Mbabane, Swaziland - 303.6 kms (188.7 miles) ESE
- Durban, South Africa - 542.4 kms (337.1 miles) SSE